Contraindications for Colon Hydrotherapy Reference Guide
Most contraindications for colon hydrotherapy are theoretical in nature, but represent areas where physiological disturbance may present theoretical or actual dangers to the patient's life or health. Pregnancy is contraindicated as the effects of potentially increased circulation of colon toxins after the procedure has unknown effects on the developing fetus.
- Severe cardiac disease; e.g. uncontrolled hypertension
- Congestive heart failure or organic valve disease
- Severe anemia
- GI hemorrhage/perforation
- Severe hemorrhoids
- Severe ulcerative colitis
- Carcinoma of the colon or rectum
- Abdominal hernia
- Recent colon or rectum surgery
- Recent abdominal surgery
- Renal insufficiency
- Advanced Crohn’s
- Advanced ileitis
Disclaimer: Information on this website is not intended to prescribe, diagnose, or treat a health problem or a disease. It is not a substitute for medical care. If you have or suspect you may have a health problem, you should consult your primary care provider.